You probably already know quite a bit about how to use your iPhone.
However, the great thing about Apple products is there are always cool new hidden tricks that can make your iPhone work even better.
Did you know that you can put a Live Wallpaper on your iPhone background?
This guide shows you exactly how to put a Live Wallpaper on iPhone 11. You can also do this neat trick on most iPhone models from 6 and up — except the iPhone SE.
If you want to learn how to get rid of your boring wallpaper, keep reading on.
How to Install Live Wallpaper on iPhone 11
The steps to getting a Live or Dynamic Wallpaper on your iPhone are super simple. Here are the steps:
1. Go into the Settings app on your phone.
2. Click Wallpaper.
3. Select Choose a New Wallpaper.
4. On the next screen, either select Dynamic or Live.
What is the difference between Dynamic and Live Wallpaper? Live Wallpaper animates as soon as you click and hold on the screen, while Dynamic Wallpaper will animate on its own without you touching it.
5. Once you find a wallpaper you like, hit Set on the bottom right of your screen.
6. It will then ask you which screen you'd like to see it on: Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both.
How to Use Your New Live Wallpaper
Once you've set up your new Live Wallpaper, it's time to see it in action.
- 1. Press the power button on the upper right side of your iPhone (or the top, depending on which iPhone model you have) and lock your phone.
2. Click the screen or side power button again to wake up your phone. If you set your live background for Set Lock Screen or Set Both, you should be able to see your new background.
3. If you selected a Dynamic Wallpaper, the animation will start playing on its own. If you selected a Live Wallpaper, just click and hold the screen and the image will start to "play."
How to Use Custom Live Photos as Your Wallpaper
Let's be honest, Apple doesn't supply you with the biggest variety of Live and Dynamic Wallpaper.
The real fun here is the ability to use any Live Photos that you took with your iPhone!
To turn ON or OFF live photos on your phone, just follow these steps:
1. Open the Camera app.
- 2. When your camera is on, look along the top bar for a concentric circle either in the middle or on the side of the screen.
- • If the circle is YELLOW, that means Live Photos is already turned ON
- • If the circle is WHITE, that means Live Photos is turned OFF
Once you have a Live Photo that you'd like to use, follow these similar steps as above:
1. Go into the Settings app on your phone.
2. Click Wallpaper.
3. Select "Choose a New Wallpaper" on the next screen.
4. Scroll down to your Live Photos Album.
5. Choose a Live Photo that you'd like as your wallpaper.
6. Click Set on the bottom right of the screen.
7. It will then ask you which screen you'd like to see it on: Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both.
- 8. Go back to your Lock Screen and touch the screen to see it animate!
How to Find Live Wallpaper for iPhone
Can't find a Live Photo that you like in your album?
Don't like any of Apple's stock Live and Dynamic Wallpaper?
Need some more wallpaper options that match the color of your phone case?
Good news and bad news:
Bad news first — Apple does not allow you to add customized Dynamic Wallpaper to your iPhone.
The good news is you can easily find new Live Wallpaper all over the internet.
Here are a few places you can find some great options:
The first place you can check out is Google. Do a simple search for "iPhone Live Wallpapers" and you'll find several sites that offer free Live Wallpapers, like this one.
An even better option to find a great selection of Live Wallpaper is through Apps. Several apps house an incredible selection of Live Wallpaper to fit every personality. Here are a few:
Live Wallpapers For Me
This app has one of the biggest collections of wallpapers on the internet. If you have an iPhone 6 and up, you can take advantage of a HUGE variety of amazing live wallpapers.
They release new animations every single week, so you'll always find a cool new wallpaper whenever you get tired of your old one.
Live Wallpapers Forever
This popular app features several awesome categories and collections to upgrade your lock screen with. With categories like abstract, nature, fauna, mountains, science, space, and several more, you'll find a new wallpaper that fits your personality.
Black Lite - Live Wallpapers
If you're someone who enjoys truly stunning deep colors set on a black background, Black Lite is the Live Wallpaper app for you.
They feature beautiful animations on a black background that are sure to match any phone case aesthetic.
Fun fact: every background on Black Lite uses an AMOLED screen (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode), which saves battery life while looking amazing.
Love quirky, retro images? WOW Pixel has several 8-bit Live Wallpaper to take you back to a simpler time. Several of the characters even have their storylines and show their emotions on the screen.
How to Create Live Wallpapers with TikTok Videos or GIFs
Do you have a favorite video or GIF that you want to see every time you open your phone?
Here's how you can convert your favorite videos into Live Photos that you can use as your wallpaper.
Convert TikTok Videos into Live Photos:
1. Open TikTok and find the video that you want to use as your next Live Wallpaper.
2. On the right side of the screen near the bottom, click the Share button, which looks like an arrow pointing to the right.
3. On the bottom row of options, there will be a button that says Live Photo. Click this button.
4. It will automatically convert the video into a Live Photo! Just follow the same steps as above and find the TikTok video in your Live Photos Album.
Convert GIFs into Live Photos:
1. Open the GIPHY app on your phone and select the GIF that you want as your next Live Wallpaper.
2. Click the three-dot icon on the top right of the app.
3. Select Convert to Live Photo.
4. Choose from the options Save as a Live Photo (Full Screen) or Save as a Live Photo (Fit to Screen).
5. It will convert your favorite GIF into a Live Photo. To add it as your background, follow the same steps as above and find the GIF in your Live Photos Album.
What's the Difference Between Live Wallpaper and Dynamic Wallpaper?
To create fun, moving images on your home and lock screen, there are two different options that you can choose: Live Wallpaper and Dynamic Wallpaper.
Although they both add movement to your phone screen, they are not the same.
What are Live Wallpapers?
When your phone powers on to make your lock screen visible, your Live Wallpaper will look the same as a still image. That is — until you click it.
Once you touch your finger on the screen, your background will come to life!
Keep in mind that your Live Wallpaper will only look like a still image when it comes to your Home Screen.
You can find several sources to find new Live Wallpaper (like the links included above, or you can even use your Live Photos as wallpaper.
What are Dynamic Wallpapers?
Dynamic Wallpapers continuously play on a loop whether you are touching the screen or not. They will animate on both your Lock Screen as well as your Home Screen.
Unfortunately, Apple doesn't allow you to customize or add your Dynamic Wallpaper to your iPhone.
Why Doesn't Live Wallpaper Work on My iPhone?
If your iPhone is in Low Power Mode, the Live Wallpaper won't activate.
Make sure you charge your iPhone, then follow these steps to turn Low Power Mode off:
1. Go to your Settings app.
2. Scroll down and click Battery.
3. Hit the top button that says Low Power Mode to turn it off.
What Image Will You Add to Your iPhone?
That's all you need to know to add an amazing animation to Live Wallpaper to your iPhone 11. This method will also work with most other iPhone models as well.
Are you not done making your iPhone as beautiful as possible? Find accessories that will match your new Live Background. Shop now for stylish iPhone cases.